The CENTER Awards Program: Celebrating and Encouraging Networking, Teamwork, Engagement, and Recognition
The University Center- Rapid City (UC-RC) will be recognizing students from each of our participating universities annually at the CENTER Awards. Students, faculty and staff have the opportunity each year to nominate students to receive one of the CENTER awards. A selection committee comprised of educational experts and student representatives will choose the recipient from all nominations received.
Students nominated may receive one of the following awards:
- Outstanding BHSU, DSU, NSU, SDSMT, SDSU and USD Undergraduate Students
- These awards will be given to one undergraduate student from each institution who demonstrates academic achievement, engagement and a positive attitude towards succeeding in their chosen endeavors.
- Outstanding BHSU, SDSU and USD Graduate Students
- These awards will be given to one graduate student from each institution who demonstrates academic achievement, engagement and a positive attitude towards succeeding in their chosen endeavors.
- Outstanding Veteran Student
- This award is designed to honor a student who is a military veteran who has shown both personal and academic success in their pursuit of a degree. This award is not restricted to one university. Any military veteran attending classes at UC-RC is eligible to be nominated.
- Director's Award for Academic Achievement
- This award is designed to honor a student who has overcome significant barriers to obtaining an education and is achieving success in their field of study. This award is not restricted to one university. Any student attending classes at UC-RC is eligible to be nominated.
All members of the community are welcome to join us as we celebrate the accomplishments of the students attending the University Center- Rapid City. The 2014 CENTER Awards will be held on Sunday, April 27th at 2 pm.
The timeline for the nominations/application process is as follows:
*Monday, January 27th: Nominations for all awards will be accepted
*Friday, February 28th: All nominations are due by 5 pm
*Monday, March 3rd: Students are notified of their nomination and may fill out the application form
*Friday, March 28th: All applications are due by 5 pm
*Sunday, April 27th: Awards ceremony held in the Atrium at 2 pm with dessert reception to follow
If you know of a student who is worthy of nomination, please submit a nomination form for them below. All students, faculty and staff may nominate students for awards, and students may nominate themselves if they choose. Students nominated must be enrolled in at least one course at the UC-RC. If you have any questions about the CENTER awards or the nomination process, please contact Susie Leahy at Susie.Leahy@bhsu.edu or 605-718-4142.