The CENTER Awards Program: Celebrating and Encouraging Networking, Teamwork, Engagement, and Recognition
The University Center- Rapid City will be recognizing students from each of our participating universities annually at the CENTER Awards. Students, faculty and staff have the opportunity each year to nominate students to receive one of the CENTER awards. A selection committee comprised of educational experts and student representatives will choose the recipient from all nominations received.
Students nominated may receive one of the following awards:
- Outstanding BHSU Undergraduate and Graduate Student
- Outstanding DSU Undergraduate Student
- Outstanding NSU Undergraduate Student
- Outstanding SDSMT Undergraduate Student
- Outstanding SDSU Undergraduate and Graduate Student
- Outstanding USD Undergraduate and Graduate Student
- Outstanding Veteran Student
-This award is designed to honor a student who is a military veteran who has shown both personal and academic success in their pursuit of a degree.
- Dean's Award for Academic Achievement
-This award is designed to honor a student who has overcome significant barriers to obtaining an education and is achieving success in their field of study.
All members of the community are welcome to join us as we celebrate the accomplishments of the students attending the University Center- Rapid City. The 2014 CENTER Awards will be held on Sunday, April 27th at 2 pm.
The timeline for the center awards is as follows:
- Monday, January 27th: Nominations for all awards will be accepted
- Friday, February 28th: All nominations are due by 5 pm
- Monday, March 3rd: Students are notified of their nomination and may fill out the application form
- Friday, March 28th: All applications are due by 5 pm
- Sunday, April 27th: Awards ceremony held in the Atrium at 2 pm with dessert reception to follow