Our goal is to provide a quiet space for testing that meets the needs of students who are taking on-line courses from the South Dakota Board of Regents System, as well as providing the confidentiality faculty require for the integrity of their exams. This service is FREE of charge if the exam is associated with the South Dakota Board of Regents system. It is the students’ responsibility to notify their professor when they plan to take their test so the professor/university can send the testing information in a timely matter. Request for testing from students of universities not associated with the South Dakota Board of Regents system will be accepted on availability and assessed a $30.00 charge per exam. Active military duty (reserves, guards, and dependents) will be charged a $15.00 fee per exam. In class proctors will not be available.
BHSU-Rapid City offers test proctoring services for:
- Students enrolled in distance learning/online/hybrid/DDN programs with the South Dakota Board of Regents system (no charge).
- Students needing accommodations for ADA testing environments (no charge).
- Non- SD BOR Universities based on availability ($30.00) – Active military personnel (reserves, guards, and dependents of active military; $15.00 charge).
- Accuplacer standardized testing (1st time free if required for placement, re-take $18.00 per exam).
- City of Rapid City Exams
- Residential, Electrical, Gas, Roofing: ALL Paper exams (Electrical exams have a 3 hour limit, all others are not timed)
- ALL reference materials need to be brought in by the tester; Testing Center does not provide reference materials. Any books, notes, or even kindles for reference materials are allowed.
- All exams are $30.00 (cash, check, debit/credit)
- Must have the authorization form with them to test. If not they need to reschedule the exam.
- Schedule the exam according to the directions below
Location and Hours
The testing center is located within the administrative offices, room 114P. Summer 2015 testing hours will be as follows:
Monday: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Tuesday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Saturday: No Saturday testing during the summer
To schedule an exam date/time:
- Proctor forms must be obtained by the student from the course professor and completed early in the semester to ensure the appropriate exam is delivered to the Testing Center.
- After the proctor form has been approved by the course professor, the student is responsible for scheduling a testing appointment and confirming at least one business day in advance; failure to do so will not guarantee a testing station and “walk-ins” will not be accepted.** Failure to show up within 30 minutes of your scheduled testing time will forfeit your testing appointment.**
- Call or email to make an appointment using the following information:
BHRCtestingcenter@bhsu.edu or call 605-718-4193.
- If you need to have anything sent via US Mail, the mailing address is:
BHSU-Rapid City Testing Center
PO Box 250
Rapid City, SD 57709
BHSU-Rapid City does not administer the CLEP or GMAT testing. Black Hills State University (Spearfish) and the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology (Rapid City) do administer the CLEP. Information on the GMAT can be found HERE